Our Churches

We are blessed with two lovely churches; our beautiful parish church of St Andrew's built in the late nineteenth century gothic style and our purpose-built daughter church of St Alban's, Coldharbour, which has faithfully served the community since it opened its doors in the early nineteen fifties. Both churches are friendly and welcoming and take pains to ensure that newcomers and visitors feel valued and included.

St Andrew's

The Parish Church of St Andrew's is situated in Court Road (A208)between Mottingham 'village' and Mottingham Station. It was built in 1879/80, consecrated for worship in 1880 and extended in 1912. The church buildings include two halls and a small meeting room, which together with the church, are used for cultural and community events as well as meetings. The Parish Rectory is situated in separate grounds adjacent to the church. The Rectory is sometimes used for meetings and a few events are held in the garden.

St Alban's

Built in 1953, St Alban's, the 'daughter' church is located about a mile from St Andrew's on William Barefoot Drive in the heart of the Coldharbour estate. The small modern church has a large attached hall which can be opened up via a folding/sliding partition to allow easy access to and from the church. A parsonage is situated in the church grounds.